Op 2021-02-14 om 17:16 schreef Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal:

except it doesn't require an interface. The thing we seem to want here is a default property which works on records/objects so maybe we can just focus on that? The interface has so much boiler plate and I don't really see what we're getting in return.

I didn't propose using an interface; For me the

property Test: TTestImpl read fTest implements TTestIimpl;

Where TTestImpl is an object (tp style) or advanced record (delphi style) is ample.

You mean in both cases this will lead to a deep copy ? :-)