> On Feb 16, 2021, at 3:35 PM, Benito van der Zander via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> But it is not calling the method, it is calling the wrapper function

what you say wrapper function do you mean the ref counting functions when you
pass around the interface?

I guess for ref counting you're supposed to cast the class to the interface
(which is an expensive runtime lookup) and then pass that thing around? That
seems like a crazy way to get ref counting plus you need to cast the interface
back to the class if you want to call other methods? I still don't get this
pattern. ARC should be handled by the compiler and be on the class itself, not
some additional object you need to create and then store.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph