On 22-8-2022 15:01, Anthony Walter via fpc-pascal wrote:
I never thought about the linker changes to FPC and am probably using the internal one. I know in the past I had been able to compile / link libraries created with MinGW GCC on Windows. Parts of the problem also include determining which other static dependencies to link IN ADDITION to the order of the linking. Yes, the order makes a big difference. Unfortunately, many years ago (around 10) I lost or overwrote the bits of code I was using for static linking on Windows (using the correct linklib commands).

I will try to recreate it again, using your suggestion of falling back to the external linker. If it works I'll send you a part of the reward. That offer also stands for anyone else that can offer helpful advice.

Do the "inp" symbols go away if you put the kernel32 dependency first ?