On 08/03/2023 21:34, Pierre Muller via fpc-pascal wrote:

For m68k,
(3104) Compiling StdAI.lpr
(3104) Compiling Protocol.pas
Protocol.pas(1963,36) Fatal: Internal error 200502052
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/bin/ppc68k returned an error exitcode
make[1]: *** [debian/rules:27: override_dh_auto_build] Error 1

Here again, it is a unit that is compiled and generate the internal error:
200502052
After inspection inside the code source,
it seems that indeed pic code is not supported by
the Free Pascal compiler for m68k CPU...
(not even in current trunk version).
I don't know if anyone ever worked on this...

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your info.

Note, I have raised a bug report for this crash now.
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40177

Given that -fpic is unsupported on m68k,
perhaps the compiler could abort an attempted -fpic compilation there with a
meaningful error message,
rather that crash out with an internal error?

Cheers,
Peter