On 2023-03-30 10:08, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 10:02:49 +0200, Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

 .
 .
I'd suggest trying to switch to external linking (for both versions) - that might help...

Could you be more specific?

I have never heard of such, I am just a long time user of Lazarus/Fpc but not in
the deep understanding of how it all works. I have always focused on my
applications and not how they were screwed together behind the scenes by Fpc...

Is there a setting to use something other than Fpc to link after compiling?
How is that done?

I don't know where it is configured in Lazarus, but you need to use the -Xe parameter when using command-line compilation.

Tomas