On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 4:24 PM Norman Dunbar via fpc-pascal <
fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> On 30/04/2023 16:59, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:
>
> > The repo is not private.
> Ok, thanks. my assumption was obviously incorrect then.
>

> > One possible reason is that the repo is simply too big: it has 26 years
> of
> > commits.
> >
> > We had serious problems importing it for this very reason.
> Again, thanks. I'll attempt a different method.

FWIW, there are currently 68 forks of the FPC source repository on GitLab.
I forked the repository shortly after it was created, at the time there
were no issues.  I do not expect the size of the repository to be a problem
when creating a fork, there is probably some GitLab related issue.