Hairy Pixels via fpc-pascal said on Mon, 26 Jun 2023 18:52:16 +0700

>> On Jun 26, 2023, at 3:48 PM, Steve Litt via fpc-pascal
>> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> Why do you need pointers at all? Pointers aren't *usually* an asset.
>>

>Seriously? anytime you allocate something on the heap you need a
>pointer.

Exactly. Unless there are going to be an unknown and unlimited number
of these structures, or unless they're expected to be insanely huge,
I'll make them global variables. Globals suck, but so do unnecessary
pointers.

>Classes are pointers even.

Let me get back to you on that.

SteveT