On 10/08/2023 17:06, Benito van der Zander via fpc-pascal wrote:
I tried to use the LLVM Link-Time-Optimization, -Clflto

I should update the wiki page. Under Debian 11, I can tell FPC to use gold with lto by specifying the following command line parameters: -Clflto -Clflto-no-system -k-fuse-ld=gold -k-plugin=/path/to/LLVMgold.so

Note that compiling the FPC RTL with LTO currently doesn't work under Linux, because LLVM does not rename local labels in pure assembler procedures when doing so, resulting in duplicate labels.

It works fine when compiling FPC and its units normally, and then only using LTO for your program.

Jonas