> An exception or an internal error during compilation should *always* be
> reported.
> Please also provide a minimal, self contained example that shows the
> problem.

This is not always trivial because the internal errors are sometimes quite
fiddly. I have a project in which an internal error occurs sometimes. When I do
a "cleanup and build" (in Lazarus), it works well. There seems to be an
influence of the order in which units are compiled, because I can change code
in many places without getting the internal error again. But when I change code
in other units, I get the internal error, but it's clearly uncorrelated to the
line at which it occurs.