Curious, why did the address of "s" change here? Shouldn't the AnsiString be
incrementing a reference  count and not actually changing the actual pointer or
copying?

Correct me if I'm wrong, AnsiString is ref counted when passing in/out
functions but copies on assignment so technically no two AnsiStrings can be
shared in two locations, which makes sense because if they were resized they
would invalidate each others memory anyways when ReAllocMem is called.

I guess if that's true then there must be only pointer to any AnsiString in any
given scope otherwise they could resize and corrupt their memory.

Not sure if that makes sense, I'm struggling to understand myself. :)

  procedure PassString(s: AnsiString);
  begin
    writeln(hexstr(@s));
  end;