Here's an updated patch.

In this patch, instead of replacing the upekts driver, I created a new
driver called upek2e.

The driver is not compiled by default, because of the problems with the
upeksonly driver sharing IDs with this driver. To compile this driver,
you must include it in the --with-drivers option when configurying:

By example: ./configure --with-drivers="upek2e upekts"

Why a new driver?

* The verification is exactly the same as the upekts one. Copy-paste.
* There are some changes in the enrollment, and surely more changes will
follow since this was only tried on two device variants (and there are
still some issues on both of them).
* The initialization part is almost completely different.

With this driver, I want to create a sandbox to test better the
targeting devices, without messing up with the original upekts driver.
Since we're maintaining the same code structure as the upekts driver,
when this code becomes more tested and solid we'll be able to
incorporate back the changes in a future --if we still think that is a
good idea at that time.

Link:
http://sharing.jorgesuarezdelis.name/2010/libfprint-0.1.0~pre2
+upeke2driver.diff

Hope you like the idea. Comments will be very welcomed, of course :)

--
Jorge Suárez de Lis <y...@jorgesuarezdelis.name>