Thanks.

Sounds like I really need to get on with USB protocol and extract from the
analyzer results. Is reverse engineering actually legal?

When I downloaded the Linux package, they seem to give the driver source code,
but I don't find the user examples. I also don't find a documentation that
explains the way to communicate - for the USB host. Perhaps, unless I pay I
would never get that from Vendor, even if its Linux?

Two questions:

- Do people still use URU 4000? Perhaps I should try to get one (not sure if
it's still available with distributors, because Digitalpersona says its phased
out)?

- What is the most relevant (in market, on availability) device that has the
fprint driver available ported?

I contacted Atmel, they say that they discontinued product line long back. Upek
is being taken over by Authentec and Digitalpersona lists only one device.
Uhhmmm pretty confuse what to order...

BTW, the website http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/ doesn't open.

Thanks for any insights.

Regards