Hi all,

I'm a web-developer with some knowledge of C++, but without any
experience in developing for linux. I'm quite experienced ubuntu user
and owner of Dell Vostro 3700, which has this fingerprint scanner
unsopprted at the moment. How do you think, is it possible for me to
develop driver for this fingerprint scanner in some reasonable
timeframe? Where should I start with my dev? How to set up development
environment (IDE, compiler, libraries etc). It does not matter for me
what to use because I am not developing in C++, any IDE will be good for
me.

I want to help community, enable this scanner in my laptop, but I need
some help in pointing me to the right direction...

I have windows there too, so I can explore how this thing works there.
But, again, I never did this, so any guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Best regards,
Konstantin Mirin.