So would this work with the APC one sold as a USB device?  Using the same guts
it would seem…  When I run lsusb I get:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 08ff:5731 AuthenTec, Inc. AES3500 TruePrint Sensor

It would seem there is an ftp site for this:

ftp://ftp.apc.com/apc/public/software/windows/xp/biopod/

However, after gleaning the .inf files (here and on the supplied CD) it may
require the driver supplied from the OmniPass install CD-Rom

The bottom of the “biopod,” as they refer to it, has what looks to  be a model
number:

BIOPODMP4

…I am unsure as to how it may be different.

Other recommendations have been to go to omnipass's website
(www.softexinc.com), go to downloads, trial version. chose omnipass client
edition (x32 or x64 ...

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/hardware-peripherals/177145-compatibility-apc-biometric-fingerprint.html

The Bug Tracker doesn’t appear to be working

http://projects.reactivated.net/fprint/bugs/index.php?do=details
<http://projects.reactivated.net/fprint/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=10>
&task_id=10

I haven’t seen anything to indicate x86_64 support either.  I’m running kernel
2.6.38.4-desktop-1mnb2 in Mandriva Cooker if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Chris