Subject: Re: extremely slow PNG loading
From: Stuart Rogers <srog...@phoenix-geophysics.com>
Date: Mon, March 30, 2015 3:07 pm
To: "Davis, David" <david.da...@non.schneider-electric.com>,
"framers@lists.frameusers.com" <framers@lists.frameusers.com>

On 2015-Mar-30 5:32 AM, Davis, David wrote:
> I have seen this behaviour before,
> I usually blamed it either on an anti-virus scanner that was scanning each PNG as it was opened and/or some shenanigans on a network switch.

Thanks for the tip, David. It does appear to be the fault of AVG
scanning the files. I temporarily turned off AVG protection, and the
file containing .png images opened almost as fast as the one containing
.tif images. Closed the files, turned AVG back on, reopened the files.
The version with .png was slow as molasses again.

Our network guru is going to check whether .png files are vulnerable to
malware in some way, and if not, he'll exempt them from AVG's scanning.

Best regards,

--
Stuart Rogers