I design FrameMaker templates at FrameMaker.dk. (https://framemaker.dk/en/framemaker-resources/free-template-downloads-for-adobe-framemaker) As a part of that I project, I suddenly began viewing the default "New Document" template in a new light, and began thinking about whether it might be improved.

Some features can be controlled using maker.ini, but other features are built-in like the paragraph/charcter styles and reference page graphics and paper size. Paragraph styles for instance... we have two heading levels but is that enough? For HTML conversions...? If one uses the default stylesheet without modifying styles, things are going to look very boring. Might it be a good idea to make a default stylesheet which is a little closer to something usable from the beginning?... How about reference page graphics...? Might it be a good idea to create more line options?

What do you think?...