Hi Tammy,

I feel your pain. For years I was perfectly content using Acrobat Pro XI. My
work computers would be cycled to new computers every two or three years but I
was happy because my Acrobat Pro XI installation file would work like a charm,
again and again. Until . . .  my PC needed to be re-imaged for security reasons
last year.  Ever since then the program has refused to re-install and I've been
forced to subscribe to Acrobat annually.

For clean-up work I am still occasionally using a very old version of
FrameMaker (one so old that I am embarrassed to tell you what it is; it makes
FrameMaker 2019 seem like a spring chicken).  It has survived the
re-installations and still works, but I expect the same portcullis will crash
down on it soon.

We call our programs "tools" but the analogy has not been fully embraced by
software companies.  Imagine a carpenter getting an e-mail that the
subscription to his/her hammer has expired and will need to be renewed.  'Your
hammer will no longer be operable."

Best wishes,

Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan
Technical Writer, Research & Development| Systems & Software
P: 802-865-1170 x882412
E: kr...@harriscomputer.com
10 E Allen Street
Suite 201
Winooski, VT 05404

​www.ssivt.com
This message has been sent on behalf of a company that is part of the Harris
Operating Group of Constellation Software Inc.
If you prefer not to be contacted by Harris Operating Group please notify us.
​
​This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all
copies of the message.