The icon with three squares is a "Group". I've never used the group feature so
would have to do some research before answering further.

Julie Sigrist
http://www.airbornemx.com<http://www.airbornemx.com/>
From: Framers
<framers-bounces+julie.sigrist=airbornemx....@lists.frameusers.com> On Behalf
Of Tammy Van Boening
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2023 3:36 PM
To: An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software.
<framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: [Framers] Section in a book

OK All,

Please go gently with me. I am working with a book that I haven't touched in a
year for some things and like 7 years for others (no joke). The book is in
FM2019. I have a book structure where there is a component that I have named
Section followed by a manually entered section number, such as Section 1,
Section 2, etc. it's simply a divider in the book that shows the different
sections of the book. The icon for it is a square w/ three little squares in it
and I can expand/collapse this icon to show all the actual FM files underneath
the section indicator.

OK, how in the frick' did I create these little placeholders that aren't FM
files, but just placeholders in the overall book structure to keep/maintain
different groups of files in the book? For the life of me, I can't figure out
how I did this and I don't see any option in the icon/toolbar above the book
for adding a book section. GRRRR. . .

I have googled this and also used the FM2019 help to no avail, and I
desperately need to add a few more sections to this book.

TIA!

TVB (whose aging mind is showing w/ this question!)

Tammy Van Boening
Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com
www.spectrumwritingllc.com<http://www.spectrumwritingllc.com>

Send messages to
framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Visit the list's homepage at