I have deliberately disabled the software "plugin" to troubleshoot the behaviour in structured mode FrameMaker, but as I can't even process all the files in the book, I suspect there is a system limit.

Regards
/// Simon

On 16/02/2024 13:42, r...@rickquatro.com wrote:
Hi Simon,

FrameMaker 2019 shipped with 32- and 64-bit versions. I don't know what
version you are using, but the 64-bit version might work.

Since you are using ExtendScript, an alternative approach may be to script
saving each component to XML individually then use XSLT to combine them.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers <framers-bounces+rick=rickquatro....@lists.frameusers.com> On
Behalf Of Simon BUCH
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2024 7:20 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: [Framers] FrameMaker 2019 and the limit of Windows 10?

Hello Framers,

I have been investigating a problem reported by one of my customers.
They have 1 book file containing 1554 FrameMaker documents, plus 2
FrameMaker generated documents.

They have managed to publish their book file to PDF, but when they try
exporting the book to XML, FrameMaker crashes badly.

I have chopped the book up, and it appears that FrameMaker baulks after
processing around 700 files - sometimes with Internal Error, sometimes with
just hanging the app. A large number [>1400] of the FrameMaker documents
contain imported by reference graphics. Even with removing the mount point
of the graphics [so FrameMaker will show a gray box instead], and also with
setting the View > Hide Graphics option on each file,

I tried using ExtendScript to read content from each of the files, but after
approximately 710 files, I received the FrameMaker warning dialog:
Insufficient memory to display the dialog box. Close one or more windows and
try again.
i.e. Insufficient memory to display the dialog box. Close one or more
windows and try again.

According to Windows 10 [64-bit], the Task Manager indicates memory usage on
the workstation is 3.6Gb out of an available 12.1Gb.

Has anyone here experienced problems when dealing with such large book
files?

/// Simon BUCH