Off topic from the original question, but I give two thumbs up to the book
"Just my Type"!

Alison

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers <framers-bounces+acraig=shaw...@lists.frameusers.com> On Behalf
Of Syed Zaeem Hosain
Sent: March 21, 2024 7:19 PM
To: Framers <framers@lists.frameusers.com>; tamm...@spectrumwritingllc.com
Subject: Re: [Framers] San Serif Font?

I like Eurostile a lot? (bought it from Adobe for myself decades ago and loved
the squarish look, particularly Eurostile Wide for some uses).

Google recommends Orbitron as "similar" to Eurostile. However, I have not used
that one yet, so please check it out yourself.

In my current company, we use fonts that are likely to be public or generally
available, and Google fonts tend to fit that requirement well.

Some time back, our design folks chose Nunito and Montserrat from Google as our
nominal sans serif "standards" for our template for presentation materials. I
have not started using them yet ...

My favorite for PowerPoint decks is in the Segoe family - regular and bolded
Segoe UI looks very elegant (to me anyway - beauty is in the eye of the
beholder, right? ??) when presented on a screen.

P.S. You probably did not realize that you opened a Pandora's box for me by
discussing fonts! ??

I am a geek in this matter - I own a printed copy of Adobe's book of their
fonts from some years ago, and also own these books on fonts:

https://www.amazon.com/Just-My-Type-About-Fonts/dp/1592407463/ref=sr_1_2?crid=R0NOZ8M8EM7G&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.NchNMphdD2-FiEIcjZ5Q0ozH5yBfBztwdrlben1DLTyqYBItlQ598x0ppw-Ru8NmJ0PWQBA-V_Ha7kWywC291EksvsnJUoYkL_7TiyYxClP6LSfEL5qmku8X94QxZc4QgRO-997lmWBF_KsDUSX3wUuvQtMWOTHBbBdMRvGXxm2w1dlItaZ27cDoXaaz2FvQuLcDAddYK_FLJwyNswNhnpCffz-7ZHXC8LIBT0AUXcE.XTtWJ6K5FPl2N_PD44p3lUZmsc7vynljyiy_qe7hNVI&dib_tag=se&keywords=Just+My+Type&qid=1711073475&sprefix=just+my+type%2Caps%2C238&sr=8-2

and

https://www.amazon.com/Why-Fonts-Matter-Sarah-Hyndman/dp/1584236310/ref=sr_1_2?crid=38PAKFEX3F62A&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.qRAZgEPI8_lVrfYxajj7Py_9NW3q9VdRbwgIpJCaMz6NpJziCb4_thVNGzaGyNL50wo4jkanh6VWQfpLe27FBGAajIGGDmn6y0Wa0qXCScBhhGy7ZxopDAEpWlhAt2wvKKArd-TFcdRqt1fL2I2afGLxRWup7v92RhqWF8ZhCDjVXo00hL04Uo3VYMzFEE6eXZkCAPoj60b6_o69KwiUNPksZYqW4MWwax1mUUo7vhylSO__ExjE4U2wUeqmDATZSE2cydcq5Bqkc62T2zTkwJOrsgONEtPD6e4aBxGLcfs.eBIWY8LAx3FyRfvZYmM0fbu8aOrm2RgxQWgiWzYJG4M&dib_tag=se&keywords=fonts&qid=1711073562&sprefix=fonts%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-2