5 tablespoons of chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 hamburger rolls
Oil and butter for cooking

To get the most flavor into our Pecan Burgers we are going to roast the pecans
on the stove first, we recommend buying whole pecans and chopping them
yourself.

Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over a high heat, throw in the chopped pecans and
cook for 2-3 minutes. You should see a change in color slightly as the pecans
roast and begin to release some of their natural oils. Remove and set aside.
Now combine the hamburger meat, chopped onions and bell pepper, parsley and
seasoning in a large bowl and mix well, then mix in the roasted pecans.
Shape the mixture into 4 patties with your hands and fry in a little oil for
4-5 minutes each side making sure the meat is fully cooked. These Pecan Burgers
are perfect for the barbeque because those pecans roast up even better.

Pecan Burgers tip: If you really want to go gourmet then try throwing in a
couple of teaspoons of Pecan Oil to the meat mixture.

These burgers are great to serve to your guests to see if they can guess the
mysterious ingredient.