All about Mastedon

A lot of people have not heard of Mastodon, it is a social media service
similar to Twitter that you can self host. Its various separately operated user
bases are federated across many different sites and its de-centralised nature
can mean it will potentially be a lot more resilient compared with other online
services. We will show you through it all and why you might be interested in
using it.

We will also have the Gnews as usual and discussion about the 'Assistance and
Access Bill' that will impact all of us.

This is a non-technical event and all are welcome.

The event is on 6:30PM - Thursday 14th February 2019 at Electron Workshop; 31
Arden Street North Melbourne.

Doors open at 6pm and the event will go through to 8pm. Afterwards we will have
dinner in North Melbourne as usual and we can continue any discussion that will
have arisen.