Howdy all,

The free-software handheld product from Purism, the Librem 5, is on
track for delivery again after an unexpected resolution of the heat
issues they were experiencing.

    […] So a lot of research was made, and our development team started
    evaluating the i.MXM8 Mini to see if it could be used within our
    requirements–free software only, no binary blobs, mainline based
    software stacks.

    And then the month of February began, and something else
    unexpectedly happened: NXP released a new software stack for our
    first CPU choice, the i.MX 8M–and all of the power consumption and
    heating issues suddenly disappeared!

<URL:https://puri.sm/posts/massive-progress-exact-cpu-selected-minor-shipping-adjustment/>

The post also gives a good progress update and a video of a hardware
prototype.

Looking forward to receiving a handheld designed with modern hardware,
entirely free drivers, and full communication features!

--
 \       “Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who |
  `\   speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel.” —Ambrose |