I'll step back a little from my timing criticism.  There's no
publication date I can see on the Discussion Paper, but pdfinfo
says it was created on 15-Nov-2021.  And the webpage says "Last
updated: 6 December 2021".  So, if that's to be believed, the
the request for submissions did have a better lead-time.  Maybe
it just took a while to get to EFA and then to me.  And the
Government is saying that the consultation process will continue
in various forms through 2022, with an eye to legislating
in 2023.  Maybe there's some Government mailing list we can get
on to get notifications about submissions...

— Smiles, Les.