On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 11:34  pm, Paul A. Scott wrote:
Oh, #$%@. I'm so embarrassed. My terminal session was logged into Mac OSX
not FreeBSD, and I had mirrored the same directory structure, so I faked
myself out.

Bottom line is, cvs on Freebsd works like a champ. The cvs on MacOSX does
not. My mistake. And I humbly appolgize for the stupid user error.
CVS works just fine - it's just that the filesystem is case insensitive [1],
so when you check out src/contrib, the distinction between src/contrib/CVS [2]
src/contrib/cvs is lost, and Bad Shit happens.

Try using Disk Copy to setup and mount a blank (UFS) image, or having a separate
UFS partition.

[1] Unless your filesystem is UFS, rather than HFS+, in which case you'll have
lots of interesting other problmes.
[2] CVS keeps a shedload of metadata here

--
Am I getting older, or are these shows getting more entertaining?
-- Flash, on Children in Need.