On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Sean C. Farley <s...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010, Beat Gaetzi wrote:
>
>> We received a few reports from users that 3.2.0 panics the host when
>> for 3.2.0 yet.
>
> On those hosts, did /boot/modules/linker.hints get generated
> correctly/completely?  I have seen, at least from the subversion tree, a
> very small linker.hints file where I need to rerun kldxref on /boot/modules
> else a panic may occur.

I can check this on my 3.2.x systems in a little bit (the panic occurs
amd64).

> I personally get panics on my FreeBSD 8 amd64 host running the Nvidia driver
> (currently v195.36.24 but occurred with earlier drivers too). This is with a
> non-X FreeBSD 8 amd64 guest and using ssh to the guest. I think it is
> panic'ing when transferring some files to it from the host.  Unfortunately,
> the system locks up completely, so there is no core saved.

I'm preparing to test the Nvidia 195.36.24 amd64 driver on my primary
system. I haven't had but one or two lockups using VirtualBox since
installing the 195.36.15 driver, so I'm leery of change ATM -- but we
need to make progress so...