:Now I've got to go figure out what *I've* screwed up.  I fstat the file before
:mapping it and pass S.st_size as the map length.  Is there any reason why
:mmap would return non-NULL but map less than the requested size?
:
:Scratching my head,

    Note that mmap() returns (void *)-1 when an error occurs, *not* NULL.

    This is because it is legal to mmap at address 0.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>