Artem Belevich <a...@freebsd.org> writes:
> And I do have a way to reproduce the SIGPIPE problem. Populate ~30K
> entries in NIS passwd database, enable nscd and then run top. In my
> case top used to die with SIGPIPE pretty reliably. I've fixed the
> issue locally by setting SO_NOSIGPIPE on the socket in
> __open_cached_connection() in lib/libc/net/nscachedcli.c and I've been
> running with the fix for few months now.

Any chance of getting a backtrace from an unpatched nscd?  Ideally with
the change described here:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/136073#reply1

To test, stop nscd, then run it from the command line like so:

$ su -
# cd /tmp
# ulimit -c 0
# /usr/sbin/nscd -nst
(do something in another terminal that causes it to crash)
# echo backtrace | gdb -batch -x /dev/stdin /usr/sbin/nscd nscd.core

and send me the output from both nscd and gdb once it crashes.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - d...@des.no