I've been struggling all weekend to setup a local CVS repo mirror, and I
guess I've done that successfully, but I can't figure out what is going on
with CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM.  My understanding is that if I set it to a
large number "63000" that it should tag branches that I make with values
roughly that large.  You can see from below that what I'm getting though
is low-numbered branches.  I'm confused.  This is what I did on both
-current and 4.6-release:

setenv CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM 63000
cvs rtag -b -r RELENG_4_7 RELENG_4_LCG src

And this is what I get -- shouldn't that be something like 1.229.63000?

cvs status UPDATING
File: UPDATING          Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.229
   Repository revision: 1.229   /cvs/src/UPDATING,v
   Sticky Tag:          RELENG_4_LCG (branch: 1.229.4)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)