FWIW;

I went on to check that Embedded C++ that David Nugent mentioned, and I found
this:

http://www.caravan.net/ec2plus/

Acording to the Q&A section:

"The goal of EC++ is to provide embedded systems programmers with a subset of
C++ that is easy for the average C programmer to understand and use. The subset
should offer upward compatibility with ISO/ANSI Standard C++ and retain the
major advantages of C++.
To achieve the goal, several guidelines were established for creating the
subset such as avoiding excessive memory consumption (overhead) and removing
complex features." ...

And also FWIW, I wouldn't object to having support for other languages
(Objective C ? ), if someone has/finds modules that could use the features.

cheers,

    Pedro.