David E. Cross wrote:
I recently ran into a problem where the 32bit JVM won't run on a 64bit host. I, and at least one other person in -java thinks it has to do with 32 bit KSE on a 64bit kernel (I have a vague memory on this somewheres WAY back). Is this still the issue? Could someone point me in the general direction of the specifics of the problem (if they exist, if not, I may try to create a simpler test case then java)?

I tried a few searches, but nothing matching what I remembered came up.

The KSE system calls have not been emulated in the 32 bit emulation layer.
it tries to save a 64 bit stack frame where it needs to save a 32 bit stack
frame.

try run libthr for now.

fixing the emulation layer is in my "to do" list but I'm busy with RealWork (TM)