[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Quoting Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Yes, there is no possibility of ULE 2.0 being merged to 6.x.  Use it in
6.x if you dare, just don't complain to us if it breaks your system :-)

All right, I won't :-)

i.e. if at any point you start experiencing problems, do not report them
until you have verified that they persist with 4BSD also.

I can hear you.
Then again, I'm in the slow process of converting people in my office to use
FreeBSD instead of GNU/Linux: it's not going to be easy if 6.3 4BSD exhibits
slownesses when compiling a kernel, and 6.3 ULE might prove not that stable :-\
(I've not encountered any problem until now, though, and I'm "touching wood" as
my granny says)

By the way, why still include ULE in 6.x if it is to be avoided ?

Typically we don't remove even experimental (even broken) code in stable branches in case it is still useful to someone despite the problems.

Try 7.0 instead.

Kris