On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 18:59 +0100, xorquew...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 2009-04-10 12:42:48, Robert Noland wrote:
> >
> > Are you running powerd by chance?  I was seeing an issue that seemed to
> > be related to powerd.  Since I've disabled it on that box, it hasn't
> > hung up any more.
>
> I'm not running powerd, no.
>

> > As far as drm is concerned, I've been running on an x1650 for probably a
> > week now while working mostly on port stuff and I haven't seen any
> > issues.  This is with full 3d and compiz running, etc...  So, if it is
> > drm related... we are going to have to dig up some debugging info
> > somehow...
> >
> > robert.
> >

> The system doesn't seem to have frozen since DRI/DRM was disabled.
>
> I did have one crash/reboot whilst building a large number of packages
> with tinderbox. I've currently got both tinderbox and a make -j 16
> buildworld going on a loop in the hope that I can trigger it again.
>
> Being the idiot I am, I had encrypted swap enabled and so savecore
> didn't save anything. Won't make that mistake twice.
>
> I'm currently using a world compiled WITH_DEBUG but is there anything
> else I can do?

If it is locking the whole system, then a core is really our best shot.
If you can extract anything useful from xorg.log or setting
hw.dri.0.debug that also might be of use.

I'm running on 2 cores, but it is possible that some locking issue
exists.  All of the driver specific ioctls are run under a lock though.

robert.