Hi

I'm sorry for asking but you said you assume it would work then you said it is running for you on a ProLiant DL360. Are you saying that you do have the HP Smart Array 5i controller running on a ProLiant DL360?

Thanks for your reply.

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se

Oliver Fromme wrote:
nocturnal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > The hardware notes for 6.2-RELEASE say that the ciss(4) driver supports
 > Compaq Smart Array 5i and HP Smart Array 6i but not HP Smart Array 5i.

I assume that "Compaq Smart Array 5i" and "HP Smart Array 5i"
is the exact same thing.  The 51 predates the merger of HP
and Compaq, after which it was probably renamed because of
markting purposes, but it is still the very same thing,
technically.

FreeBSD runs fine on one of those here (a ProLiant DL360).

Best regards
   Oliver