I have just installed 6.2-RELEASE on Intel DQ965GF m/b-based box (with 2 SATA
HDD). When I have connected an NEC DVD-ROM to PATA interface with FreeBSD
installation disk, I can boot from it, but I cannot use it. Generic kernel
detects a huge pile of ata interfaces (imagine, I have ad12 and ad14 instead
of usually ad0 and ad1 :ROFL:) but cannot detect ATAPI devices on PATA, so
cannot use dvd to install, so I must install systen from ny own FTP server.

Of course, that's will be a server. Server does not need DVD-ROM. It's only
academical interest - why ATAPI did not detect? I have flashed new BIOS - no
success. Some kernel customization can helps me?
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://www.askd.ru/~shelton