http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=166589&cat=

Can somebody else talk some sense into this guy?  I'm losing my temper.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: bin/166589: atacontrol(8) incorrectly treats RAID10 and 0+1 the same
Date:   Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:55:57 +0200
From:   Alexander Motin <m...@freebsd.org>
To:     Allen Landsidel <landsidel.al...@gmail.com>
CC:     bug-follo...@freebsd.org

Their on-disk formats are identical. Even if RAID BIOS supports RAID0+1,
there is no problem to handle it as RAID10 at the OS level. That gives
better reliability without any downsides. I think there is much higher
chance that inexperienced user will choose RAID0+1 by mistake, then
experienced wish do to it on intentionally. Do you know any reason why
RAID0+1 can't be handled as RAID10?