On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 15:05:48 -0800 (PST)
Andrew Pack <andrewpac...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to run FreeBSD on this processor... Does anyone have any
> experience using this CPU (or any other VIA cpu, for that matter)?

Via PV530 should be i386 compatible, and FreeBSD/i386 should just work
here. I have no experience with this CPU, but I have MiniITX board from
WYSE V90 (http://www.parkytowers.me.uk//thin/wyse/vx0/V90board.shtml):

CPU: VIA Nehemiah (1000.06-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "CentaurHauls"  Id = 0x698  Family = 0x6  Model = 0x9
Stepping = 8
Features=0x381b03f<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MTRR,PGE,CMOV,PAT,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
VIA Padlock Features=0xdd<RNG,AES>

this is 1 GHz Eden ESP CPU, and NanoITX board VIA EPIA-N5000EG:

CPU: VIA Nehemiah (533.37-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "CentaurHauls"  Id = 0x69a  Family = 0x6  Model = 0x9
Stepping = 10
Features=0x381ba3f<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,CMOV,PAT,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
VIA Padlock Features=0xdc<RNG,AES>

and this is 500 MHz Luke CoreFusion CPU, just Eden-N CPU integrated
with North Bridge in simgle package.

There is nothing special with them - and I believe with PV530, too -
just use FreeBSD/i386 standard kernel. I use them for testing FreeBSD
on lower powerfull hardware, my boards are both fanless, so no noise
from running them anywhere.

Regards,
Milan