Hello,

I have just installed FreeBSD 9.1 i386 on a Thinkpad T43.

When trying to load iwi driver by ifconfig iwi0 up get following error
message:
*
iwi0: timeout waiting for (null) firmware initialization to complete
*
*iwi0: could not load boot firmware (null)*

On the man iwi it says:

     *iwi%d:* *timeout* *waiting* *for* *firmware* *initialization*
*to* *complete*  The
     onboard microcontroller failed to initialize in time.  This should not
     happen.

However I had on this machine Debian Linux and the wireless chip worked, so
it must be in configuration.

My /boot/loader.conf has:
legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1
if_iwi_load="YES"
iwi_bss_load="YES"
iwi_ibss_load="YES"
iwi_monitor_load="YES"

dmesg does not say anything more than when running ifconfig iwi0 up.

Juris