Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 11:17:00AM -0700, Jack Vogel wrote:
I am Jack, the network engineer at Intel responsible for all FreeBSD wired
lan drivers.
This is the first I've seen about this. Our understanding was that the
infrastructure needed
to do IPSec was not available for either Linux or FreeBSD, can you please
explain things?

I guess we already have crypto(9) infrastructure to support IPSec
in kernel. CCed to sam who may know what is required to implement
IPSec offloading in ethernet driver.

I guess what is required is dependent on whether it's just crypto
support, or whether the card is expected to track all the security
associations, or whether it expects to track just a subset of them.

I'm guessing that the latter may be the case.