Hi,

I've got a Squid/Lusca server on 8.0-RELEASE-p3 which is exhibiting
some very strange behaviour.

After a few minutes uptime, the 4k mbuf cluster zone fills up and
Squid/Lusca spends almost all of it's time sleeping in "keglimit".

I've bumped kern.ipc.nmbclusters to 262144 and kern.ipc.jumbop to
32768 but the system will slowly crawl towards filling that zone.

The box has a bce on-board NIC and is using ipfw to handle redirecting
traffic to/from the box for transparent TCP interception. It's
handling around ~30,000 concurrent connections at the moment.

I have other very busy proxies on FreeBSD-7.x pushing a few hundred
megabits without any issues. This box falls over after ~ 20 mbit.

If I bypass redirection and/or kill squid, the 4k cluster count drops
back down to < 500 and stays there.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to begin debugging this?

Thanks,

Adrian