On 2023-12-13 11:46, Kristian Stærk wrote:
I have also attached a tcpdump showing router solicitations going out
and router advertisements being received.

You're getting valid advertisements, but they have the "managed" and "other stateful" flags set. This means your router expects you to use DHCPv6 to number its interface and get other configuration information (DNS, time, WINS, etc.).

You'll need to install net/dhcp6 and configure its dhcp6c to get an IPv6 assignment. RC interface configuration has no DHCPv6 integration, so you'll need to leave it at:

ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
dhcp6c_enable="YES"

after putting the relevant bits in /usr/local/etc/dhcp6c.conf.

My pf.conf should be open enough for this to work but for completeness I
have also tried with pf disabled with the same result.

With your current pf.conf, you may as well disable pf.

When running Ubuntu on the same laptop or even in a Virtualbox VM with
bridged networking, Ubuntu manages to configure IPv6 without problems.
Likewise with a Windows VM.

Windows will do DHCPv6 automatically. Depending on the distro, Linux will either run an integrated DHCPv6 client or ignore the managed flag and SLAAC out of the highest priority /64 offered in the rtadv.