Hey all,

Strange one here.  Not much on the internet that I could find.

I'm assigning VF's to bhyve with pci passthru.
Doing this allows the bhyve instance maintainer to set their own vlan and
I'd like that not to be the case for various reasons.  One being I don't
need/want their traffic to potentially hit/sniff other traffic on any other
vlan than the one assigned to them.

Given this, I figured the best option would be to set the VLAN on the VF on
the host prior to handing it off to the bhyve instance effectively enabling
transparent vlans.

Unless I misreading ixl(4) which is a real possibility, it supports 'VLAN
tag insertion/extraction'.

Has anyone done this?  Does anyone have any pointers to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Paul

--