>   I've the same situation here and we use route-to to route everything
> from ISP1's network to their gateway and vice-versa.
>
>   route-to re-routes a packet from 1.0.0.0/24 when it's trying to leave
> through the ISP2 interface and everything then gets NAT'ed properly.
>
>   pass out on $ext_isp2_if route-to ($ext_isp1_if $ext_isp1_gw) from
> $isp1_net to any

It does not help. Actually, it looks like pf does not have control
over outgoing packets produced by pf itself. I can not neither block
nor reroute these packets. I checked this very easily - I created a
rule

block out log quick from SOME_OUTSIDE_HOST/32 to any
block out log quick from any to SOME_OUTSIDE_HOST/32

and made it very first rules of the firewall. Needless to say, when I
tried to telnet to router port 9999 from SOME_OUTSIDE_HOST, tcpdump on
the pflog0 device got incoming SYN but did not show RST. From the
other hand, tcpdump on the default gateway interface shown outgoing
RST. Again, from this I conclude that pf-generated packets (RST/ICMP)
are not subject for ruleset processing.