Sean McAfee wrote:
Frank J. Laszlo wrote:
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
Vladimir Ermakov wrote:
Hi, all.
please appreciate my port *megacli*

Is that different from this the port, is it an update?

Since the megacli application now has a native binary, should be not DEPRICATE the linux version?

Regards,
   Frank Laszlo

Probably not. I noted this when I originally filed the PR for linux-megacli2, but the 1.x, 2.x, and 4.x versions support dramatically different hardware lines.

As an example, this native version is 4.x and does not support the Dell PERC5.

IMO, linux-megacli, linux-megacli2, and megacli should all exist as independent ports.

Sorry, I missed this reply with your reasoning. Thanks for clearing that up.

Regards,
   Frank Laszlo