On Tue, 5 May 2020 22:38:36 +0200 Leander Schaefer i...@netocean.de said

Hello,

I have been dealing with Poudriere for quite a while and one of the most issues I have is, that I have ports which won't compile along with another. Reason is mostly something like:

pkg-static: ImageMagick7-7.0.10.6 conflicts with ImageMagick6-6.9.11.6,1 (installs files into the same place). Problematic file: /usr/local/bin/Magick++-config

So in other words a newer version is going to place its binaries etc. into the same place as the previous version. I have read and used something like:

# Build several PHP versions parallel on the same server:
# https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/602
PHP_ALT=php56 php70 php71 php72 php73
.for port in ${PHP_ALT}
.if ${.CURDIR:M*/ports*/*/${port}*}
DISABLE_CONFLICTS=YES
PREFIX=/usr/local/${port}
PHPBASE=/usr/local/${port}
LOCALBASE=/usr/local
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--datadir=/usr/local/${port}/share
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--bindir=/usr/local/${port}/bin
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/${port}/etc/php
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-php-config=/usr/local/${port}/bin/php.conf
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-iconv=/usr/local
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-pcre-dir=/usr/local
.endif
.endfor

But I was wondering: How is the FreeBSD Team dealing with this, when they compile their packages for the public repository? Because we only use one official repository and all packages are there ... some even with differet options enabled. So how to deal with this? How can I compile the entire ports tree without issues and build a repository of it and some packages even with different options? Lets say one OpenLDAP with SASL and another one with SASL? The only way I was able to do this was building it in separate repositories.

Thanks
I use Jails which helps weed out some of the conflicts. That is different
jails for different (port) options that *may* cause conflict. Also
ports-mgmt/synth is pretty damn clever about sorting out conflicts.
However, I have no direct knowledge on how the pkg build admins deal with
this. But just thought I'd share some alternate avenue(s) FWIW. :-)