On 2021-05-14 15:15, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
## Chris (portmas...@bsdforge.com):

The problem I'm addressing in this case; is that the following as
*always* worked for licenses which carried a copy in
${WRKSRC}/LICENSE_NAME:

The problem you're trying to address is only a consecutive error and
not the real problem.
As I wrote in my first reply:
: Foremost, that Makefile has an .include, and that's where the mess
: (for this use case) happens.
<FACE PALM>
DO'H!
Sorry. I've been fairly overwhelmed w/$DAYJOB so *clearly* glossed over
that (important) section.
Thank you for taking the time to use your "clue bat" on me. :-)
Yes. That's *exactly* why the error(s) are occurring.
The only question I have at this juncture; is *why* after some ~5yrs
later is it *now* throwing an error?
Oh well. In any case, I can easily resolve the problem and set things
straight with these ports.

Thanks again! :-)

--Chris

An .include includes the given file at that point (duh), and in this
case that's kde-icons-noia/Makefile.icons, which overwrites your
LICENSE variables (and brings in LICENSE_TEXT). And, as stated before:
that cannot be your intention (and including kde-icons-noia/Makefile.icons
only makes sense in a very limited number of ports if at all). And you
can (and should, in case of doubt or problems) double-check your
variables by running e.g.  "make -V LICENSE" in the port's directory
(or "make -C <dir> -V <var>", yadda yadda, make(1), etc).

> you're not allowed to just put another license on that port.
I'm not. It's a verbatim LGPL3 port && license as reported
within the port' source. :-)

: cmt: x11-themes/kde-icons-nuovext2$ make -V LICENSE
: theme

That's not LGPL3.

Regards,
Christoph