Hello -

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, joe wrote:

> I am atrying to compile a linux program under FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE.  I
> have installed linux_base but seem to be missing a number of files,
> specifically header files.

DISCLAIMER - this is from a FreeBSD newbie.

If the program is not Linux-specific (or specific to linux-only
libraries), you might try using generic sources and running 'configure',
then compiling instead of building from Linux sources.

The negative is that the app would not be automagically managed - you
would have to know it was there, look for upgrades, etc.

The missing headers are things I would expect in the Linux kernel sources,
if that gives you any leads.

> SoI obviously don't have the header files... Do I need to install the
> entire linux src?

There may be a port of just the headers. That should be enough of the
sources to compile. You would need suitable a suitable intermediate
library to link, which takes you beyond my knowledge here. (That point may
actually have passed a few paragraphs ago. &8+P)

 - John Mills