On Monday, Oct 14, 2002, at 17:31 US/Mountain, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net
LLC wrote:

> On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 01:59 , Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I run an adadptec 2100S.  Today it displayed the following message,
>> and while the system was still "running" and pingable, you couldn't
>> do anything include login.
>>
>> "asr0: Blink LED 0x3 resetting adapter"
>
> It happened again, this time 0x68 in the message.  The machine is
> running but the adapter resets itself and seems to go offline.
> Rebooting gets it going again for a few hours.  Adaptec tech support
> thought  maybe a bad cache memory module or something.  They didn't
> find a 0x68 for blink codes listed in their manuals.
>
> I will be trying some other memory...

It happened once more with 0x3 .  Though the codes don't seem to be in
the code lists that adaptec tech support has, it appears that when a
fault happens, the internal LEDs will blink, making a specific HEX code
to help figure out what the problem is.  This messages seems to be a
report on what the LEDs are doing when there is a fault.

I replaced the cache memory module and the system has not had a problem
since, after 3 or more problems in one day on Monday.

best regards
Chad