Matthias Apitz wrote:
Hello,

I've the official dictionary of the Academy RAE of Spain. It
works very nice on Linux with an jre 1.1.8 shipped with the
dictionary on CD; because I want to switch over to FreeBSD
I've ported jdk15 form /usr/ports/java/jdk15 which took
one night buy installed without any problem. But apparently
the application gives nullpointer exceptions with the java 1.5
and the folks of the Academy RAE are claiming that it has
to be 1.3 and not 1.5.

Apparently there is no jre1.3 in the ports collection and
the diablo-jre13 does not compile:

# make
===>  diablo-jre-1.3.1.0_1 does not run on FreeBSD >= 5.x.
#

Is there any help?

Thx

        matthias

You could always install the 1.3 version of the jdk in addition to the 1.5 jdk. They install to different locations so they can co-exist. Installing the javavmwrapper will help with managing multiple jdks. Kind of overkill just to get a 1.3 JRE but...

HTH,
Micah