Jorge Mario G. Mazo wrote:
Hi there
I want to learn about operating system to later start
contributing to FreeBSD
I would like to hear what books are good for newbies
like me!
NOTE: my C skills are pretty decent

At a local library thre is a copy of Modern Operating
System by Andrew tanebaum, but it`s the old edtion
(from 1989 I think) so I'm not sure if that would
still be valid!!!
thanks in advance

I have the 2nd edition of that book from 2001 for an OS class I took spring quarter. It seems to be an okay primer for beginners. Some of it is redundant for any of us who have actually bothered to install an OS other than MS. It does explain some of what an OS does and general explanations of scheduling, memory management, security, etc. As a tool for understanding FreeBSD, it'll probably just get you familiar with the terminology used.

Later,
Micah